Friday, February 08, 2008

What a surprise and stuff

To my surprise when I opened my mailbox yesterday, there was an envelope with just my name on it. It was not mail, it was an evelope that someone other than the mailman put there.

I started getting kind of freaked out wondering who the hell put it there and do I now have a stalker and have to file restraining order paperwork. I guess I don't have much faith in humanity at the moment.

Anyway, I shoveled the plow droppings at the end of the driveway and came inside to look at the mail. I opened it, and to my surprise it was a note from a neighbor that said "thank you for plowing me out, have dinner and a few drinks on me". There was also a gift card to a restaurant as well. I helped a few people with their driveways, so I don't know which neighbor it was. I guess it will remain a mystery.

On to the other stuff.

It is sometimes kind of fun being peoples' go-to-guy. I seem to be the vehicle go-to-guy this week. Pulling and pushing people out of the snow earlier this week, and today changing a flat tire. Diego is probably my best friend in Madison. I would do anything for him, short of killing someone, I guess that depends on the day though.

I don't spend enough time with Diego, that needs to change as we don't know how much longer he will here.

I have found that I don't appreciate friends enough or spend enough time with them, and then they are gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home