Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Enough Already

I know I live in Wisconsin and ultimately it is by choice. So I know I shouldn't bitch about the weather, but what the hell is going on? Global Warming my ass! Maybe the rest of the globe is warming but this part of it sure as hell isn't. As I am writing this, it is -8F with a windchill of -28. It has been this way for the last two-weeks with a day or two reprieve this past weekend.

It has been a long time since I have written a new blog post and at the prodding of my new friend TT I am going to try and keep it updated.

I will try to do a brief update of what has been going on since way back when.

I'll start with the most significant change. That occurred back in May of 2007. After serving the company I work at faithfully for almost four years, I was removed from my position. To this day I am still dumbfounded as to what happened. I was not removed for not doing my job, there was a management change and schedule change and I was not a part of the full-time on-air staff anymore. I am now a part-time fill in slug.

I was lucky to not get blown out the door, but I sometimes wish I had been. I could have sat around in my underwear sponging off society via unemployment checks and then been forced to find a new job.

So, I was absorbed into the company in another role. Working in our traffic department. That basically means that I input orders from the sales department and schedule commercials. That lasted through the summer when we came to an agreement..."this not working out for either of us"

Now, I am working on a project as we convert to a new automation software for the stations. I'm still not sure what my future holds at this company when that is done. A meeting with HR department will occur in the next week.

As far as a love life, there isn't one.

There have been interests, but nothing has come of them. I'm not too worried about it now, but if I start collecting cats and clipping coupons, I WILL start to worry. Sometimes I wonder if some people are just meant to go through life without a special someone and if so, I'm starting to think I am a candidate for that role.

It seems kind of sad that the biggest thing that has happened for me in the last few months is getting an advance on my inheritance so I could buy a snow blower. It is a monstrous piece of machinery!

Since I am filling in on-air today, I should probably focus on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home