Saturday, August 14, 2004

Blast from the Past

I left Oakdale this afternoon just after Noon. Wisconsin is horrible for taxes. The average price for gas in Wisconisin is $1.95 a gallon. While in Minnesota this weekend, it was $1.85. Apparently we have the second highest gas tax in the United States. Another reason I should consider moving.

I believe I have ALL of my shit out of my Mother's house. I'm pretty sure she will either find more of my stuff or try to pawn stuff off on me that she doesn't want. Hey! Freebies are good, but I have been trying to thin my things out, and now I am bringing more stuff here.

On the way back, I was listening to a bunch of cassette tapes that I had. Mostly crap so most got thrown out. I did find a bunch of tapes of the old WLOL and KDWB back whe they were "Twin Cities 101" I will listen to those later in their entirety. I found myself laughing out loud though when I came across me playing radio DJ and my Brother Wayne playing piano for the music. I was doing live commercials complete with character voices and singing jingles. I guess the seed was planted long ago, but I knew that.

I took the scenic route back, down HWY 61 and through LaCrosse, WI. I stopped at the mall there and visited with Phil. He is a guy that I kind of rescued from screwed up relationship in Appleton, WI. He is looking good and healthy and happy. He completed his HS Diploma. Way to go Phil!!

Got back home, unpacked, mowed the lawn, ate and here I am. So until next time, take it easy, and if you can get it easy, take it twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home