Thursday, August 12, 2004

Near Record Time

Well, here I am sitting in Oakdale, MN. I made it here in about three hours and fourty-five minutes. That may be a record. To quote a bumper sticker I saw many years ago "I'm not speeding, I'm just flying low".

Mom nearly had a cow after I told her I had hit speed of 110mph. Of course this is after a news item about people hitting speeds of 125 or so on area highways and the State Trooper talking about how easy it would be to get in an accident.

So, tomorrow It is off to have lunch with a lady that used to babysit me and my brother many many years ago. We called her Jean Popcorn. That's because she would always make us popcorn when she was here. Keep in mind this is before microwave or air-poppers.

After that, I'm sure I will be shackled to my old room to go through old crap. What treasures will be found. Maybe I will come back with another truckload this time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home