Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Guess Who's Back

I have no good reason for not posting. I just procrastinate and I'm very good at it. Ask my Mom if you don't believe me.

Soooo, let's go back a little bit. Labor Day weekend was the Taste of Madison. What a weekend buster that thing is. It wasn't so bad, I only had to work one day there..but it was ALL day. From 8am till 6pm. The nifty thing about it was I got to meet some up and coming country acts as well as one re-launching her career. The line-up was Sugarland, Trent Willmon and Lila McCann.

Labor Day Monday, I went to Matt and Nate's for a lil shindig get together type thing. It was a bunch of cool people that Matt works with and this cool chick named Kari or Cari or some other spelling that sounds like that. Those two totally rock and are some of my best friends in Madison.

The week following the "Taste", I was filling in on the air 3-6pm. It was nice getting done early, but I really didn't know what to do with myself. Mostly vegitated at home. I did go buy a new TV, the one that I had was crapping out.

Last weekend was fun. Saturday night I went to the races at Jefferson Speedway with a friend, then came home. Shortly after getting home, I got a call from Clay. He was on his way up from Rockford. He needed a place to stay so of course I told him he could stay here.

Sunday morning, we went to eat, watch a movie, go to the mall and Barnes and Nobles and then we went to get frozen custard and then down to State street. The Ironman triathalon was taking place. Funny, he is in town for one day and we do more in that one day than I do on pretty much any other day. Clay, I hope you move back to Madison soon. :)

On the subject of the Ironman. I'm sure it is nice for the city and some businesses. But for the average Joe Citizen, it is a NIGHTMARE. It is SO difficult to get anywhere downtown because half the streets are closed down for these yahoos to swim, bike and run. Ok..maybe not the swimming part.

Seeing that it is now almost 3:30...I'm going to wrap this up. Drop me an email sometime. zakrogers@charter.net

btw. happy birthday to my brother Wayne. Well, a couple days late anyway. Send him an email wishing him a happy birthday. wayne_koeckeritz@kiawahresort.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home