The UNTHINKABLE has happened
It would appear that hell has now frozen over, and I am getting a tax REFUND this year. After putting off doing my taxes, I finally did them tonight. Granted I just got the W-2 yesterday. I have been dreading this act because the last two years I have had to scrounge up money to pay more tax.
It appears that I will be getting back almost the same amount that I had to come up with those last two years.
This whole system seems unfair! Millions of us bust our asses all year just to make ends meet, but it seems a third of our income goes to the State and Federal governments. I understand that we have to do our part to maintain our defenses and other vital goverment functions, but it just seems they go too damn far sometimes!!
It is so irritating to learn that our legislators vote themselves a goddamn pay raise when they haven't done anything do deserve it!!! The Wisconsin Legislature was over 100 days late with a State Budget, but apparently they feel they deserve a raise for all their hard work.
I also understand that some social programs are needed, but where do you draw the damn line?
It's everywhere though. I open my energy bill and see they are charging me a "low-income assistance fee"! HELLO!!! I need assistance. Last year, I had to be put on a payment plan because I couldn't afford to pay it when it was due. I'm not too proud of that moment by the way.
It would seem I am destined to ever get ahead. Maybe my Mother was right when she said "he'll probably never have a pot to piss in but at least he enjoys what he does". I'm sure there are a lot out there like me.
Most of my current situation is due to poor judgement though. One particular "ex" is mostly to blame, but the ultimate blame is mine for not keeping things in check. Also, being too trusting of people in general, and "friends" who end up taking advantage of generousity.
I know most of the people that currently owe me did not do it intentionally and do have intentions of re-payment. But this particular "ex" can rot in hell or jail, which from the sounds of things is where he may be going.
Damn, I didn't intend for this to get all serious and shit. I'm usually lighthearted about this blog.
Oh, by the way, the refund will go towards paying down balances and if there is anything left, maybe I will take you to dinner.
It appears that I will be getting back almost the same amount that I had to come up with those last two years.
This whole system seems unfair! Millions of us bust our asses all year just to make ends meet, but it seems a third of our income goes to the State and Federal governments. I understand that we have to do our part to maintain our defenses and other vital goverment functions, but it just seems they go too damn far sometimes!!
It is so irritating to learn that our legislators vote themselves a goddamn pay raise when they haven't done anything do deserve it!!! The Wisconsin Legislature was over 100 days late with a State Budget, but apparently they feel they deserve a raise for all their hard work.
I also understand that some social programs are needed, but where do you draw the damn line?
It's everywhere though. I open my energy bill and see they are charging me a "low-income assistance fee"! HELLO!!! I need assistance. Last year, I had to be put on a payment plan because I couldn't afford to pay it when it was due. I'm not too proud of that moment by the way.
It would seem I am destined to ever get ahead. Maybe my Mother was right when she said "he'll probably never have a pot to piss in but at least he enjoys what he does". I'm sure there are a lot out there like me.
Most of my current situation is due to poor judgement though. One particular "ex" is mostly to blame, but the ultimate blame is mine for not keeping things in check. Also, being too trusting of people in general, and "friends" who end up taking advantage of generousity.
I know most of the people that currently owe me did not do it intentionally and do have intentions of re-payment. But this particular "ex" can rot in hell or jail, which from the sounds of things is where he may be going.
Damn, I didn't intend for this to get all serious and shit. I'm usually lighthearted about this blog.
Oh, by the way, the refund will go towards paying down balances and if there is anything left, maybe I will take you to dinner.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home